One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Stolid brick houses with bay windows and big gardens exude an air of decorousness and prosperity.’
- ‘It appears as if it is the mark of nobility, decorousness and civicness for a people, society or nation to make laws by which to govern themselves.’
- ‘For all the decorousness of her music and songs, it's her voice that conveys the deepest sense of wonder and truly sells these songs.’
- ‘The kids sat down, and within a moment all were in a state resembling decorousness.’
- ‘He took it with him into the streets, galleries, beaches and bars he frequented, shedding the uptight decorousness that verse in the 1950s and '60s was expected to have.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.