One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For all the decorousness of her music and songs, it's her voice that conveys the deepest sense of wonder and truly sells these songs.’
- ‘The kids sat down, and within a moment all were in a state resembling decorousness.’
- ‘He took it with him into the streets, galleries, beaches and bars he frequented, shedding the uptight decorousness that verse in the 1950s and '60s was expected to have.’
- ‘Stolid brick houses with bay windows and big gardens exude an air of decorousness and prosperity.’
- ‘It appears as if it is the mark of nobility, decorousness and civicness for a people, society or nation to make laws by which to govern themselves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.