One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She arranged her skirts decorously and, mere seconds later, the butler entered the parlour and presented Mr Brown-Lee to the group.’
- ‘The cheerful gastrointestinal surgeon whom I saw yesterday asked me when I'd like my procedures (as they are so decorously called) done.’
- ‘In a perfect world, this is done as decorously and privately as possible.’
- ‘The election was keenly but decorously contested.’
- ‘Of course, other Canadians celebrated more decorously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.