One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The neutralization or removal of dangerous substances, radioactivity, or germs from an area, object, or person.‘procedures to ensure decontamination of medical equipment’as modifier ‘a decontamination chamber’
- ‘Operating out of four different base clusters the 460th provided chemical decontamination, smoke support operations and chemical reconnaissance.’
- ‘Situated on a brownfield site, which is currently undergoing decontamination, it is anticipated that construction will start in January 2003.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the company continues to pay property taxes rather than forking out for a full-scale decontamination.’
- ‘The wedding went ahead four hours later than planned with guests in green plastic decontamination suits.’
- ‘Most poisonings from pesticides do not have a specific antidote, making decontamination the most important intervention.’
- ‘It is critical to remove any organic material to allow proper decontamination of the area.’
- ‘The affected area of the beach was cordoned off on Monday of this week and decontamination was completed the following day.’
- ‘The city's hazardous material team had to set up a decontamination tent for patrons and workers.’
- ‘Firefighters were given a lecture this week on mass decontamination in the event of a terrorist attack.’
- ‘Why have fire service personnel not been trained in the appropriate decontamination procedures?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.