One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
mass noun The failure of an organ (especially the liver or heart) to compensate for the functional overload resulting from disease.
- ‘The major contributing factor for heart failure decompensation was medication lapses.’
- ‘When liver decompensation occurs and if the patient is a suitable candidate, liver transplantation is the only treatment that extends life.’
- ‘We excluded patients with hepatitis B, HIV infection, or hepatic decompensation.’
- ‘Patients with chronic liver disease and signs of decompensation should be assessed for transplantation before they become critically ill.’
- ‘It is hoped that this strategy will prevent the problems associated with long-term volume overload and cardiac decompensation.’
The failure to generate effective psychological coping mechanisms in response to stress, resulting in personality disturbance.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.