Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Remove carbon or carbonaceous material from (an internal combustion engine).
- ‘If we are stripping out the studs and power valves, all studs and threads are cleaned and power valves are decoked, lubricated and re-timed where necessary.’
- ‘If you see the stuff on the shelves its worth a try it decokes the engine, getting rid of the carbon deposits.’
- ‘Power Boost cleans and decokes the engine for better performance, better acceleration, smoother running, lower emissions and improved economy.’
- ‘Buy it a new spark plug, and decoke the exhaust.’
- ‘Exhaust port, piston, and cylinder head are decoked.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.