One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove carbon or carbonaceous material from (an internal combustion engine).
- ‘Buy it a new spark plug, and decoke the exhaust.’
- ‘If you see the stuff on the shelves its worth a try it decokes the engine, getting rid of the carbon deposits.’
- ‘If we are stripping out the studs and power valves, all studs and threads are cleaned and power valves are decoked, lubricated and re-timed where necessary.’
- ‘Exhaust port, piston, and cylinder head are decoked.’
- ‘Power Boost cleans and decokes the engine for better performance, better acceleration, smoother running, lower emissions and improved economy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.