One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove carbon or carbonaceous material from (an internal combustion engine).
- ‘Exhaust port, piston, and cylinder head are decoked.’
- ‘If you see the stuff on the shelves its worth a try it decokes the engine, getting rid of the carbon deposits.’
- ‘Buy it a new spark plug, and decoke the exhaust.’
- ‘Power Boost cleans and decokes the engine for better performance, better acceleration, smoother running, lower emissions and improved economy.’
- ‘If we are stripping out the studs and power valves, all studs and threads are cleaned and power valves are decoked, lubricated and re-timed where necessary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.