One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When "eka" is used in the sense of ‘some, certain, incomparable’, it is declinable in the three genders and in both numbers.’
- ‘Most of Latvian nouns are declinable.’
- ‘This suggests that idiosyncratic morphological information (e.g. whether an adjective is declinable or not) is accessible in the course of a syntactic derivation.’
- ‘Year after year, his explanations of connecting vowels and genitives of nouns and declinable adjectives fell on deaf ears.’
- ‘The gender agreement rule is that, in the singular, the declinable premodifiers (determiners and adjectives) should agree with the gender of the head noun.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.