One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This suggests that idiosyncratic morphological information (e.g. whether an adjective is declinable or not) is accessible in the course of a syntactic derivation.’
- ‘Most of Latvian nouns are declinable.’
- ‘Year after year, his explanations of connecting vowels and genitives of nouns and declinable adjectives fell on deaf ears.’
- ‘The gender agreement rule is that, in the singular, the declinable premodifiers (determiners and adjectives) should agree with the gender of the head noun.’
- ‘When "eka" is used in the sense of ‘some, certain, incomparable’, it is declinable in the three genders and in both numbers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.