One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The player whose bid establishes the suit of the contract and who must therefore play both their own hand and the exposed hand of the dummy.
- ‘If either opponent has at least as many points as the declarer, the opponents win.’
- ‘This player then becomes the declarer; the two opponents are the defenders.’
- ‘As with all contracts, an unsuccessful declarer loses twice the value of the game.’
- ‘Once the trump suit has been named, the declarer exposes the top two cards of the deck.’
- ‘The worst disaster for the opponents is to lead the ace of a suit of which the declarer holds the king.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.