Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A flat canvas or leather shoe with rubber soles.
- ‘My sister's boyfriend was sitting in the very back and wearing a cheap black suit with brown deck shoes.’
- ‘A pair of deck shoes sat idly under the swing.’
- ‘I ended up in Shuh but had to walk out because I came across the Vans deck shoes.’
- ‘It houses 125 employees who make a range of shoes including a popular deck shoe.’
- ‘Actually, I might give the remaining deck shoe to the person who can answer the question "why are Liverpudlians so whimsical?"’
- ‘Those common chaps in their deck shoes, blue jeans and button-up City Beach shirts can look hot.’
- ‘David's standard uniform was a golf shirt, Sperry top-sider deck shoes, and Southwest Gas Co. hat with his ponytail trailing out the back.’
- ‘Bare-chested skippers in deck shoes were joined by bikini-clad sun worshippers, visitors, water skiers and local boat owners on board around 300 boats.’
- ‘She even went back for her deck shoes, telling her husband she was not prepared to be seen in "sailing boots and shorts" when rescued.’
- ‘The only real surprise is that Phillip Michael Thomas doesn't show up in a blazer and deck shoes.’
- ‘When fly fishing, wear either no shoes or slip-on type deck shoes.’
- ‘Six months on, with a bleached fringe and deck shoes, you'd never have known.’
- ‘He had a blue suit, a white tee shirt, and deck shoes.’
- ‘For daytime use take shorts, shirts and a good pair of deck shoes with white soles.’
- ‘Trust me, my creamy Armani jeans and deck shoes have just about lived to tell the tale.’
- ‘We used to dance to this in our best 80's clobber - blue deck shoes, baggy three quarter lengths, striped grandad shirts and short suede jackets.’
- ‘A typical acceptable outfit would be chinos, checky short-sleeve shirt and deck shoes.’
- ‘Mandrake fancies that Nat is more comfortable in deck shoes.’
- ‘In the UK, when speaking of footware, pumps are casual shoes, such as canvas deck shoes or tennis shoes.’
- ‘Preferring Hawaiian shirt and deck shoes sans socks, Warren is as unpretentious as he is popular.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.