Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A set of related computer programs and the data required to assist with analysis and decision-making within an organization.
- ‘The evaluation of information technology is complex and multifaceted, but a computerised decision support system can be evaluated as a health technology.’
- ‘Relatively few people had read the guideline content within the computerised decision support system.’
- ‘A successfully designed computer decision support system must either fit in well with this workflow, or those implementing it must be prepared to change the workflow.’
- ‘We undertook a pragmatic cluster randomised controlled trial of a computerised decision support system to implement clinical guidelines for the management of asthma and angina in adults in primary care.’
- ‘There is a greater challenge in constructing and evaluating a computerised decision support system that will work across a range of computer systems, individuals, settings, and behaviours.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.