One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Convert (a system of coinage or weights and measures) to a decimal system.
- ‘For example, Russia was the first country to decimalize its currency and the third country (after China and France under John Law) ‘to make sustained use of inconvertible paper money.’’
- ‘We only started using decimalised currency 33 years ago.’
- ‘Secondly, in 1971 the whole coinage was decimalized in preparation for Britain's entry into the EEC.’
- ‘These magazines listed the rank of games solely from subscriber feedback, where ratings were compiled within a ten point decimalized system.’
- ‘In 1960 a new decimalized currency of rands and cents replaced sterling.’
- ‘It also seeks to explain why the introduction of decimalized charts took longer in Belgium than other countries such as France.’
- ‘For example, after the French Revolution, the French seriously considered decimalising time; extending the week to accommodate ten days.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.