One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Convert (a system of coinage or weights and measures) to a decimal system.
- ‘In 1960 a new decimalized currency of rands and cents replaced sterling.’
- ‘For example, after the French Revolution, the French seriously considered decimalising time; extending the week to accommodate ten days.’
- ‘It also seeks to explain why the introduction of decimalized charts took longer in Belgium than other countries such as France.’
- ‘We only started using decimalised currency 33 years ago.’
- ‘These magazines listed the rank of games solely from subscriber feedback, where ratings were compiled within a ten point decimalized system.’
- ‘Secondly, in 1971 the whole coinage was decimalized in preparation for Britain's entry into the EEC.’
- ‘For example, Russia was the first country to decimalize its currency and the third country (after China and France under John Law) ‘to make sustained use of inconvertible paper money.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.