One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This early experience bred a deeply pessimistic outlook on life; he shared completely the view of Machiavelli - whom he had read - that men are ungrateful, fickle, liars and deceivers.’
- ‘The great deceiver had ultimately deceived himself.’
- ‘To those who lionise him, he is a clear-eyed defender of faith and nationhood, a speaker of truth in a time of deceivers.’
- ‘After all, deception only works when the would-be deceiver has a reputation for telling the truth.’
- ‘He said: ‘Elderly householders are vulnerable to plausible deceivers who create anxiety by claiming to observe defects in their houses and then offer to repair them.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.