One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To those who lionise him, he is a clear-eyed defender of faith and nationhood, a speaker of truth in a time of deceivers.’
- ‘After all, deception only works when the would-be deceiver has a reputation for telling the truth.’
- ‘He said: ‘Elderly householders are vulnerable to plausible deceivers who create anxiety by claiming to observe defects in their houses and then offer to repair them.’’
- ‘The great deceiver had ultimately deceived himself.’
- ‘This early experience bred a deeply pessimistic outlook on life; he shared completely the view of Machiavelli - whom he had read - that men are ungrateful, fickle, liars and deceivers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.