One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The molybdenum steel is susceptible to decarburisation.’
- ‘To prevent scaling and surface decarburization during this stage of treatment, it is recommended that a nonoxidizing furnace temperature be maintained using a sealed furnace; a controlled atmosphere may be necessary.’
- ‘This property is being used in hardening thin sections, such as safety razor blades and needles, in order to reduce decarburisation.’
- ‘Laser and electron beam techniques also have been used for hardening selected areas on the surface of pearlitic and ferritic malleable iron castings that are free from decarburization.’
- ‘The presence of only a trace of decarburization on the surface may drastically reduce the fatigue properties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.