One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Laser and electron beam techniques also have been used for hardening selected areas on the surface of pearlitic and ferritic malleable iron castings that are free from decarburization.’
- ‘The molybdenum steel is susceptible to decarburisation.’
- ‘The presence of only a trace of decarburization on the surface may drastically reduce the fatigue properties.’
- ‘To prevent scaling and surface decarburization during this stage of treatment, it is recommended that a nonoxidizing furnace temperature be maintained using a sealed furnace; a controlled atmosphere may be necessary.’
- ‘This property is being used in hardening thin sections, such as safety razor blades and needles, in order to reduce decarburisation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.