A colourless liquid hydrocarbon of the alkane series, present in petroleum spirit.
- ‘Bilayers were composed of 80% phosphatidylethanolamine and 20% phosphatidylcholine dissolved in decane at a final concentration of 50 mg/ml.’
- ‘These compounds are sufficiently soluble in decane to form stable bilayers if they are combined with DOPE.’
- ‘The solvent was removed by evaporation with a N 2 stream and the dried lipid film was resuspended in decane to form a final total lipid concentration of 25 mg/ml.’
- ‘This restricted diffusional space would account for a decreased gH in various gA channels in GMO / decane in relation to GMO / squalene bilayers.’
- ‘Membranes were made from glycerolmonooleate in either decane or hexadecane.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.