Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A metric unit of capacity, equal to 10 litres.
- ‘The company plans to increase production to 1.2mn decalitres of beer a month and to sell 10 mn decalitres a year.’
- ‘The plant will have a production capacity of 20 million decalitres of beer a year.’
- ‘The association has also established a ‘danger zone’ of between 110 and 125 milligrams of glucose per decaliter in which the body's ability to process glucose is considered impaired.’
- ‘Exports to Ukraine, which comes second, increased significantly from 19,800 to 94,000 decaliters.’
- ‘The winery can process 15,000 tons of grapes per year, producing 1 million decalitres of wine.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.