One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I do not enjoy the decaffeinated version of green tea and have been told that the decaffeination process introduces chemicals into the tea.’
- ‘But instead, we're going to do a little experiment in decaffeination.’
- ‘Eve replies: Total decaffeination is not an option.’
- ‘One hypothesis is that when these women were drinking coffee when they, were younger, the decaffeination process involved chemical solvents that have been implicated in connective-tissue diseases [like rheumatoid arthritis].’
- ‘Big companies had been frightened by the ‘hysteria ‘in Europe over GM foods, and they had already invested huge sums in industrial decaffeination plants.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.