One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One hypothesis is that when these women were drinking coffee when they, were younger, the decaffeination process involved chemical solvents that have been implicated in connective-tissue diseases [like rheumatoid arthritis].’
- ‘Big companies had been frightened by the ‘hysteria ‘in Europe over GM foods, and they had already invested huge sums in industrial decaffeination plants.’’
- ‘I do not enjoy the decaffeinated version of green tea and have been told that the decaffeination process introduces chemicals into the tea.’
- ‘Eve replies: Total decaffeination is not an option.’
- ‘But instead, we're going to do a little experiment in decaffeination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.