Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of coffee or tea) having had most or all of the caffeine removed.‘decaffeinated coffee’
- ‘Even more surprising, blood pressure was increased in the nonhabitual drinkers who drank only decaffeinated coffee, suggesting that substances in coffee other than caffeine may have an effect on the heart.’
- ‘If you're truly sensitive to the jitters, herbal blends are caffeine-free, and some black teas are decaffeinated.’
- ‘People that are less tolerant with acidity but still want to drink coffee, may choose a decaffeinated coffee or a natural low-acidity coffee from Brazil, India or Caribbee.’
- ‘There were no significant differences with caffeinated coffee compared with decaffeinated coffee.’
- ‘Although chocolate has the reputation for being loaded with caffeine, it actually contains very little - about the same amount as one cup of decaffeinated coffee.’
- ‘Further investigations of decaffeinated coffee and tea intake as arthritis risk factors are needed to verify these findings and explore their biologic basis.’
- ‘Does it matter if it is regular or decaffeinated tea?’
- ‘Drink tension-relieving chamomile or other herbal, decaffeinated tea.’
- ‘Caffeine makes me jittery, so I prefer decaffeinated tea.’
- ‘I love the rich, dark flavor but my body doesn't like the caffeine, and decaffeinated coffee has always seemed like a contradiction in terms.’
- ‘Demand for decaffeinated coffee is growing globally because of the possible adverse health effects of caffeinated coffee, says one news source.’
- ‘During breakfast (whole-grain cereal, fruit, milk, and decaffeinated coffee) she wards off Alzheimer's disease by doing the daily crossword puzzle.’
- ‘Kenneth ordered a light breakfast including bacon, scrambled eyes, grits, pecan waffles, orange juice, and decaffeinated coffee.’
- ‘The fasting group, however, were not allowed to consume anything but water or decaffeinated tea or coffee for 36 hours.’
- ‘Either switch to decaffeinated tea or coffee or herbal infusions like vervain, mint or camomile.’
- ‘Each of the seven decaffeinated coffees contained some caffeine, although all contained Less than 18 mg per serving.’
- ‘I finally decided to order breakfast and a cup of decaffeinated coffee.’
- ‘A typical 30-gram bar of milk chocolate contains about 6 milligrams of caffeine, which equals the amount in a cup of decaffeinated coffee.’
- ‘Now a study comes out saying decaffeinated coffee may be harmful to our hearts by raising fatty acids in our blood.’
- ‘In health-conscious Los Angeles people only drink decaffeinated coffee and then only with milk.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.