Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A computer program that assists in the detection and correction of errors in other computer programs.
- ‘I think the single most important change for developers in the past 25 years has been the improvements in IDEs and debuggers that automate a lot of the programming and debugging tasks that people used to have to do laboriously by hand.’
- ‘It includes a Java software and HTML editor, multi-threaded debugger, object browser, and HTTP server.’
- ‘Software development tools covered by CGL include debuggers and analyzers.’
- ‘Features in the user interface could be drastically improved - a user-friendly debugger would be great.’
- ‘We found a bug in the program during one tutorial, and I fixed the bug on the spot in order to demonstrate the Perl debugger.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.