One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A negotiable or tradable liability or loan.
- ‘In 1997, for example, a $805 million FDI was accompanied by $2,300 million foreign investments in government debt securities.’
- ‘To attract investors, any bond or debt security that contains greater risk than that of a similar Treasury bond must offer a higher yield.’
- ‘They do this by offering investors a debt security that delivers interest payments and the security of principal repayment.’
- ‘Junk bond and corporate debt securities generally outperformed, with spreads narrowing between 2 to 10 basis points.’
- ‘Of course, when you are deciding on investing in a debt security, it is important you understand how its characteristics determine what kind of interest rate you can receive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.