One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The strategy governing the operations was essentially the same as it had been in the previous fall, when a drive had been conceived which was to bisect northern Italy and to be followed by a debouchment from the Apennines out into the Po Valley.’
- ‘The valley of the Tay, from the source of that river in the west to its debouchment at Dundee, is peculiarly rich in historic memoirs.’
- ‘The wetlands, which consist of riverbeds, alluvial flats, flood-plains, tributary debouchments and lakes, are home to rich vegetation and wildlife, including 228 species of birds.’
- ‘He relied on 15 Panzer Division and the Reconnaissance Group around Azizia to break up any debouchment from the escarpment by British forces.’
- ‘In medieval days the river was navigable from Portarlington to its debouchment at St Mullins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.