One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An interesting subject for debate, especially one which is not essential to the matter under discussion.
- ‘The idea is to foster discussion among colleagues with different points of view - not to win debating points with clever put-downs.’
- ‘These are not dry statistics or theoretical debating points.’
- ‘Accusing anyone who points to European models of wanting ‘privatisation’ might score some cheap debating points, but it's nonsense.’
- ‘Since changes in the rights of a defendant to trial by jury could only by authorised by Parliament this proposal is more a debating point than a practical suggestion.’
- ‘Grow up, you are no longer playing student politics and scoring debating points; go and talk to some real people and offer a real alternative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.