One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An interesting subject for debate, especially one which is not essential to the matter under discussion.
- ‘The idea is to foster discussion among colleagues with different points of view - not to win debating points with clever put-downs.’
- ‘Grow up, you are no longer playing student politics and scoring debating points; go and talk to some real people and offer a real alternative.’
- ‘Since changes in the rights of a defendant to trial by jury could only by authorised by Parliament this proposal is more a debating point than a practical suggestion.’
- ‘These are not dry statistics or theoretical debating points.’
- ‘Accusing anyone who points to European models of wanting ‘privatisation’ might score some cheap debating points, but it's nonsense.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.