One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cease to attribute (a work of art) to a particular artist.‘imitations that have been deattributed’
- ‘Sometimes, deattributing an artwork does make it look a good deal worse - does entail serious value judgments as an essential critical role - and that can be good, too.’
- ‘It had been listed in Rembrandt catalogs in the 19th century and in 1915 but was later deattributed by scholars.’
- ‘To achieve this they have deattributed works that do not fit with their conceptions but in the mirror section I demonstrate that their conceptions are mistaken.’
- ‘A few dozen prints have been deattributed, while a smaller number of works have now been added to his oeuvre.’
- ‘As a result, a number of works previously thought to be by Vermeer were deattributed, including Young Woman Seated at the Virginals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.