One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Hester's face is an almost deathlike pale mask.’
- ‘The room immediately hushed into a deathlike stillness, ‘We shall listen to the rest of the facts before we judge.’’
- ‘Because in the face of all this death and deathlike cynicism, love is the one impulse in our repertoire that says the world is unfinished.’
- ‘That's why I sank into a deathlike peace one recent night in Northern Ontario, as midnight ushered in the longest day of the year.’
- ‘When they had finished their work, they went to deathlike sleep.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.