One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When they had finished their work, they went to deathlike sleep.’
- ‘Because in the face of all this death and deathlike cynicism, love is the one impulse in our repertoire that says the world is unfinished.’
- ‘Hester's face is an almost deathlike pale mask.’
- ‘The room immediately hushed into a deathlike stillness, ‘We shall listen to the rest of the facts before we judge.’’
- ‘That's why I sank into a deathlike peace one recent night in Northern Ontario, as midnight ushered in the longest day of the year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.