One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘there were fun and games for both children and adults from the coconut shy and the death slide to a merry-go-round and a bouncy castle’another term for zip line
- ‘I like the death slide and the bouncy castle.’
- ‘If you are not driving, there is a train from Chur that takes a similar route soaring to 7,400 ft before descending like a death slide to 1,400 ft at Tirano on the other side in Italy.’
- ‘This one was a maze of slides, climbing frames, tunnels, there was even a kiddie size death slide.’
- ‘During his term as mayor, which ended last year, he enthusiastically embraced duties ranging from dressing up to play a panto ugly sister to opening an adventure playground by being the first to try the death slide.’
- ‘All will be able to "join" the Army for 30 minutes and take part in obstacle courses, death slides and minibike riding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.