One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- old-fashioned term for death toll
- ‘He told them that he had obtained copy of an official police report which gave a final figure for the death roll of between 202,040 and 250,000.’
- ‘In fact, the brigade's death roll was only 110; 17% of the 666 who set out.’
- ‘It is as if each pestilence required its own accountant who is spared in order to put down the death roll of the community.’
- ‘But, with only a few names released to the public as of this writing, there is a strong chance that our sport will hear of friends either on the death roll or injured lists to be released in the near future.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.