One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of heavy metal music using lyrics preoccupied with death, suffering, and destruction.
- ‘Tristania combines rock, Goth, death metal, black metal, classical music and symphonic rock on February 18 at Manchester Academy.’
- ‘This New Jersey band began in 1996 playing straight-up brutal, atonal death metal.’
- ‘She listens to heavy metal, death metal, punk, and classic rock.’
- ‘I was vastly amused to see the plants grown to a soundtrack of death metal outperforming the plants that listened to classical music.’
- ‘Released in summer of last year, Slipknot is a bludgeoning epic which mixes death metal, hardcore punk and hip hop with surprisingly pop melodies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.