One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An innate desire for self-annihilation, proposed by certain psychologists.Compare with life instinct
- ‘So it's suddenly obvious why Freud might want to connect repetition with that utterly final peacemaker, the death instinct.’
- ‘Conversely, the death instinct originates with the birth of the human being and is an integral part of development, as has been pointed out by Freud and Klein.’
- ‘Segal describes a psychic pain involving the expression of the death instinct.’
- ‘Freud considered that aggression was derived from the death instinct being redirected towards the external world.’
- ‘The conflict between libido and ego-instincts becomes a conflict between eros and the death instinct.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.