One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) a state grant towards funeral expenses (abolished under the Social Security Act 1986).
- ‘It means that your death grant will not be liable for Inheritance Tax.’
- ‘Your pension fund administrator has absolute discretion over who receives any lump sum death grant, but it is helpful if you let them know your wishes.’
- ‘But the Government's death grant stood at a ‘paltry £30 ‘- exactly the same as in 1967.’’
- ‘They gave broad political endorsement to the new wording in the sections dealing with health care, industrial injury benefits, and death grants.’
- ‘A death grant is payable to whoever the member nominated to be a beneficiary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.