One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A venomous Australian snake which has a thin worm-like tail that it uses to lure birds and other prey.
- ‘The program profiles two staff members of the Australian Reptile Park as they search for one of Australia's deadliest snakes - the death adder.’
- ‘At one point I stumble and come within inches of stepping on a death adder - ‘one of the deadliest snakes in Papua,’ Woolford tells me later.’
- ‘Cobras can cause local swelling, blistering, and necrosis; other Elapidae such as kraits, coral snakes, and Australian death adders produce negligible local envenoming.’
- ‘‘We need something like 50 to 60 death adders to milk every two weeks in order to provide a sufficient quantity of venom,’ Weigel estimated.’
- ‘The islands are nature reserves and provide refuges for such diverse wildlife as Cape Barren geese, sea lions, tammar wallabies and death adders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.