One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A venomous Australian snake which has a thin worm-like tail that it uses to lure birds and other prey.
- ‘At one point I stumble and come within inches of stepping on a death adder - ‘one of the deadliest snakes in Papua,’ Woolford tells me later.’
- ‘The program profiles two staff members of the Australian Reptile Park as they search for one of Australia's deadliest snakes - the death adder.’
- ‘Cobras can cause local swelling, blistering, and necrosis; other Elapidae such as kraits, coral snakes, and Australian death adders produce negligible local envenoming.’
- ‘The islands are nature reserves and provide refuges for such diverse wildlife as Cape Barren geese, sea lions, tammar wallabies and death adders.’
- ‘‘We need something like 50 to 60 death adders to milk every two weeks in order to provide a sufficient quantity of venom,’ Weigel estimated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.