One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A list of students recognized for academic achievement during a term by the dean of the college they attend.
- ‘Van De Velde said 23 percent of the university's student athletes were on the dean's list in 2002, and 42 percent had a 3.0 grade average.’
- ‘But they weighed that against the fact that he was a dean's list student at North Dakota State University, held a steady job and had a clean record since leaving prison in 2000.’
- ‘As a college freshman, I had made the dean's list.’
- ‘I've seen many students spend too much time partying and flunk out, but I've also seen many of them sacrifice a lot of fun times and a lot of personal growth for a chance at the dean's list.’
- ‘Not only did bodybuilding’ help me meet my wife, but it gave me confidence and discipline that helped me to graduate from college on the dean's list and to eventually become a fourth-grade teacher and a certified personal trainer.’
- ‘He was a straight-A student and on the dean's list.’
- ‘During away games, ‘I study on the bus or at the hotel,’ says Webber, who has made the dean's list for the past three years.’
- ‘Since lighting up in an exam room might cause problems, cigarettes probably aren't the key to getting on the dean's list.’
- ‘She played on Alcorn State's volleyball and softball teams and made the dean's list four times.’
- ‘My northern (across the street) neighbors didn't have everything, but every word out of their mouths was, ‘my son is the on the dean's list, my daughter is the most beautiful cheerleader, my son is the best pitcher‘; if you catch my drift.’’
- ‘To maintain eligibility for the Stuhr, their scholars must make the dean's list at least once during the critical first two school years.’
- ‘I promised you the game if you got into the dean's list.’
- ‘She had been on the dean's list her freshman year, ‘but by the second year I had to repeat every class.’’
- ‘The aspiring lawyer and dean's list student has been competing in pageants since childhood.’
- ‘Praneet Kumar Soi, 28, is an artist who completed his MFA in painting at the Savannah College of Art and Design, making the dean's list.’
- ‘He made the dean's list all through college and posted a 4.0 grade-point average last fall.’
- ‘Maezumi's children are also blossoming - Yuri is heading off to study French cuisine at the Cordon Bleu, Yoshi is on the dean's list at UCSB and Kirsten is pursuing an acting career in Hollywood.’
- ‘The other half of the truth was that I was on the dean's list and preparing to graduate college with honors.’
- ‘Mr. Arant has a 4.0 GPA in nursing, and has earned several honors, including 2002 Student of the Year, Kentucky Association of Nursing Students, and dean's list, fall 2002.’
- ‘Nobody cares that you made dean's list your sophomore year, or that you organized a campus-wide campaign to ban liver and onions from the cafeteria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.