One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The removal of an amino group from an amino acid or other compound.
- ‘DNA bases are susceptible to hydrolytic deamination, although deamination is much less frequent in double-stranded compared to single-stranded DNA.’
- ‘The earliest enzymatic functions are mostly linked to amino acid catabolism: deamination, transamination, and decarboxylation.’
- ‘The spontaneous deamination of cytosine is a frequent event.’
- ‘The liver, influenced by protein intake and anabolic need, makes urea from deamination of amino acids in the Krebs urea cycle.’
- ‘Aspartate can also be formed by deamination of asparagine catalyzed by asparaginase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.