One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While the decline in party identification suggests there may have been a dealignment in American politics, voting behaviour suggest there has not.’
- ‘There are 17 million who did not vote in last year's election - showing a dealignment, rather than a realignment.’
- ‘The European results demonstrate the dealignment of political loyalties that has been accelerating under New Labour.’
- ‘Key focus areas are voter turnout and participation, group voting behavior, the expansion of suffrage, and political realignment and dealignment.’
- ‘Following dealignment in Western countries, voters came to cast their ballots based on their assessment of the incumbent government's performance, so that changing government became a way of punishing ruling parties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.