One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hearing aid.
- ‘Throughout the trial, Merrick, who now lives in Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria, listened from the dock through a deaf aid connected to the court's microphones.’
- ‘He was an energetic and amusing person, very pleased with a deaf aid which he had bought, as he 'got fed up with waiting for a National Health appliance'.’
- ‘Do we need to see sweat pouring under TV lights or to be shown that one of the tenor soloists wears a deaf-aid?’
- ‘Written by Irish dramatist Bernard Farrell and directed by Orange Tree artistic director Sam Walters, it tells of Alice being best friends with Jimmy ever since she was widowed by an accident involving a bull and a faulty deaf aid.’
- ‘After tests on their baby son showed he also had severe problems, they decided against giving him a deaf aid in the one ear that still has some hearing, saying they will leave the decision to him when he is older.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.