One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove dissolved air from (a substance)‘the electrolyte was deaerated by purging it with argon’
- ‘The solution was deaerated with pure nitrogen for 5 min, followed by deposition at the HMDE.’
- ‘The solutions were first deaerated by purging with gaseous NZ directly in the EPR cell for 10 min, then a small quantity of oxygen was added to the solution by injecting measured 1 mL of air into the purging line after the NZ was turned off.’
- ‘In the laser flash photolysis measurements the solutions were deaerated by purging with nitrogen.’
- ‘Copper corrodes at negligible rates in unpolluted air, water, and deaerated nonoxidizing acids.’
- ‘The filtered solution was deaerated with dry argon for 10 min and the mold was sealed.’
- ‘No significant reaction was observed when deaerated solutions of MNAA were irradiated in any of the two solvents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.