One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I saw the deadness in kids' eyes become an amazing sparkle.’
- ‘Sighing he looked around him at the deadness of the forest.’
- ‘I thought this terribly symptomatic of the deadness of his feelings, no doubt the result of too much shock treatment.’
- ‘Survivors frequently complain of chronic depression and an inner deadness, unable to experience lasting pleasure or excitement.’
- ‘His last thought before the sweet deadness of sleep overcame him was that he had to be rescued quickly or else not at all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.