One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Survivors frequently complain of chronic depression and an inner deadness, unable to experience lasting pleasure or excitement.’
- ‘I thought this terribly symptomatic of the deadness of his feelings, no doubt the result of too much shock treatment.’
- ‘His last thought before the sweet deadness of sleep overcame him was that he had to be rescued quickly or else not at all.’
- ‘I saw the deadness in kids' eyes become an amazing sparkle.’
- ‘Sighing he looked around him at the deadness of the forest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.