One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flat, lustreless white.
- ‘The floors in Vencente Wolf's Conference room are painted a dead white.’
- ‘Grateful for the refurbishing done by the Navy, the theater board decided to repaint the dead white walls with warmer colors.’
- ‘The common habit of painting garden seats a dead white is certainly open to criticism.’
- ‘It was a circular, dead-white room with red hangings and looked curiously like a stiff modern stage set.’
- ‘For example, if the wallboard had been painted a dead white before any visual material had been applied, the impact of the photographs, the lettering and the colored symbols would be more immediate and powerful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.