One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flat, lustreless white.
- ‘It was a circular, dead-white room with red hangings and looked curiously like a stiff modern stage set.’
- ‘Grateful for the refurbishing done by the Navy, the theater board decided to repaint the dead white walls with warmer colors.’
- ‘For example, if the wallboard had been painted a dead white before any visual material had been applied, the impact of the photographs, the lettering and the colored symbols would be more immediate and powerful.’
- ‘The floors in Vencente Wolf's Conference room are painted a dead white.’
- ‘The common habit of painting garden seats a dead white is certainly open to criticism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.