One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The supporting cast was either over the top or dead from the neck up.’
- ‘Not all the students were dead from the neck up.’
- ‘Right now, I'm somewhat overwhelmed, by how many Americans seem to be dead from the neck up, as we approach this election.’
- ‘Any person who maintains the same attitudes over a twenty-year period is probably dead from the neck up.’
- ‘My dear fellow, I may be dead from the neck up, but rack my brains as I may I can't see why a chap should need thirty pages to describe how he turns over in bed before going to sleep.’
- ‘If you believe that he's the toughest player in the NFL, you are truly dead from the neck up.’
- ‘The girl must be dead from the neck up that she'll go along with it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.