One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
stupid, foolish, senseless, brainless, mindless, idiotic, imbecilic, imbecile, insane, lunatic, asinine, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd, preposterous, silly, inane, witless, half-baked, empty-headed, unintelligent, half-witted, slow-witted, weak-mindedView synonyms
- ‘The girl must be dead from the neck up that she'll go along with it.’
- ‘Not all the students were dead from the neck up.’
- ‘Any person who maintains the same attitudes over a twenty-year period is probably dead from the neck up.’
- ‘If you believe that he's the toughest player in the NFL, you are truly dead from the neck up.’
- ‘Right now, I'm somewhat overwhelmed, by how many Americans seem to be dead from the neck up, as we approach this election.’
- ‘My dear fellow, I may be dead from the neck up, but rack my brains as I may I can't see why a chap should need thirty pages to describe how he turns over in bed before going to sleep.’
- ‘The supporting cast was either over the top or dead from the neck up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.