One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One effect of this focus on Lenin is a relative de-emphasis of Stalin's significance.’
- ‘This approach, coupled with Confucian conservatism and formality, has led to a deliberate de-emphasis of humor.’
- ‘A loss of the feminine and its importance in the economy of salvation is part of the legacy of the Protestant Reformation and its de-emphasis of the iconic elements of faith.’
- ‘For one thing, de-emphasis of preaching is a general phenomenon in American churches.’
- ‘Housing activists say that the change indicates a de-emphasis on affordable housing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.