One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for distributed denial of service
- ‘‘Internet Distributed Denial of Service (DDos) attacks represent a clear and present danger to our global Internet information infrastructure.’’
- ‘And full-scale DDoS attacks can originate from botnets of machines around the world, making the controller almost impossible to locate.’
- ‘A DDoS attack can paralyze your company.’
- ‘The real White House web site Whitehouse.gov, was taken offline on Friday for a couple of hours after coming under DDos assault, according to US reports.’
- ‘Ideally, DDoS attacks should be stopped as close to the sources as possible.’
Target with a distributed denial of service attack.‘he took the time to DDoS the servers hosting the game’‘a couple of my websites have been DDoS'd’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.