Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- short for distributed denial of service
- ‘And full-scale DDoS attacks can originate from botnets of machines around the world, making the controller almost impossible to locate.’
- ‘A DDoS attack can paralyze your company.’
- ‘The real White House web site Whitehouse.gov, was taken offline on Friday for a couple of hours after coming under DDos assault, according to US reports.’
- ‘‘Internet Distributed Denial of Service (DDos) attacks represent a clear and present danger to our global Internet information infrastructure.’’
- ‘Ideally, DDoS attacks should be stopped as close to the sources as possible.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.