One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Casual work paid for on a daily basis.as modifier ‘the daywork rate’
- ‘Please reply giving details of your trade and what rate you require for daywork.’
- ‘We would therefore suggest that this work be carried out on a daywork basis, based on 2 men for a minimum of 8 hours a day at £14 per hour per man.’
- ‘There were no written instructions, no definition of the work required at any site, no tender and little or no on-site verification of daywork sheets by their personnel.’
- ‘He does daywork cowboying, trimming trees, and building fence, and in the fall he operates a hunting guide service.’
- ‘The best places to find daywork are the boatyards, where the boats are being made ready for the next season.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.