One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The side of a planet that is facing its primary star.
- ‘While the average temperature on Mars is about - 55C, Martian surface temperatures range from as little as - 133C at the winter pole to almost 27C on the dayside during summer.’
- ‘We detected the increase in brightness as the dayside of the planet rotated into view.’
- ‘After two days the balloon entered the dayside of Venus and expanded and burst due to solar heating.’
- ‘The magnetic field of the CME merges with the magnetic field on the dayside of Earth, transferring enormous amounts of energy to the magnetosphere in the process.’
- ‘While the nightside may be just a few hundred degrees Celsius, the planet's dayside is probably well over 1000 degrees hotter’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.