Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A sailing boat without a cabin, designed for use during the day only.
- ‘The e33 Sailboat is an ideal family-style daysailor.’
- ‘This handsome dinghy has proved to be an ideal family daysailer.’
- ‘While I think the J / 105 could be a great daysailer, her strength clearly lies in her appeal as a one-design racer.’
- ‘Bettercare Boatworks builds just one boat, that of our own design - the CORLISS 15, a wonderful 15' daysailer.’
- ‘When we could afford it, we bought our ‘big’ 17-foot O'Day daysailor.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.