One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
dreamer, fantasist, fantasizer, romantic, romancer, wishful thinker, pipe-dreamer, castle-builder, walter mitty, idealist, impractical person, unrealistic personView synonyms
- ‘You're quite a daydreamer and can be a hopeless romantic.’
- ‘I've always been a realist, not a daydreamer.’
- ‘He was often inattentive in his own schooling and was a habitual daydreamer.’
- ‘However, we must not be daydreamers who choose to shun reality.’
- ‘We've got very vivid imaginations, I think we're sort of daydreamers, the three of us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.