One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A couch that can be made up into a bed.
- ‘Many window seats and daybeds also offer handy storage for linens, blankets, and pillows.’
- ‘She furnished the space with comfortable, stylish pieces, including a chair found at a flea market, an old coffee table, and an antique daybed.’
- ‘If Junior had a single bed, this might be the time to replace it with a fold out sofa, futon sofa, or daybed.’
- ‘He often incorporated sofa-lined niches or low-lying daybeds abundantly piled with tasseled cushions.’
- ‘There is, however, a daybed in my office which I had set up when my sister was staying over.’
- ‘Painted in nocturnal blue-black tones, it depicts Valerio's wife stretched out in a blue bathrobe on a daybed before a window.’
- ‘They took the few steps to the small daybed that occupied the little room.’
- ‘I sit back down on the daybed and stare out the window again.’
- ‘A daybed, designed by James, is an ideal spot for reading a novel or reviewing a contract.’
- ‘The central prop Branagh utilizes for this confrontation is not a bed, but rather, a daybed or couch.’
- ‘There was a daybed by the big window that offered a view to the garden.’
- ‘Bailey's room has a daybed, and Colin's has bunk beds.’
- ‘There's a leopard-print throw on the daybed in his dressing room at the Disney studio.’
- ‘He turns back to look at his brother lying peacefully under the comforter and blankets of his daybed.’
- ‘Just inside the French doors, a daybed works for sitting by day and slumbering by night.’
- ‘A daybed on the right side of the room had been decked out with sheets and pillows and considering Aria's past accommodations, it looked like heaven.’
- ‘On the other side is the open-air lounge, with a fully stocked bar and comfy Indonesian daybeds with plump throw pillows.’
- ‘His old recliner was gone, and while it had never quite fit in with the decor, the daybed that replaced it felt as cold as an icicle through my heart.’
- ‘Too any outsider looking at them, they might have looked like they were very uncomfortable sitting with each other, opposite ends of the daybed.’
- ‘He laughed, reaching his muscular arms out to steady her, gently pushing her onto the daybed where he sat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.