One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A couch that can be made up into a bed.
- ‘He laughed, reaching his muscular arms out to steady her, gently pushing her onto the daybed where he sat.’
- ‘If Junior had a single bed, this might be the time to replace it with a fold out sofa, futon sofa, or daybed.’
- ‘A daybed, designed by James, is an ideal spot for reading a novel or reviewing a contract.’
- ‘She furnished the space with comfortable, stylish pieces, including a chair found at a flea market, an old coffee table, and an antique daybed.’
- ‘He often incorporated sofa-lined niches or low-lying daybeds abundantly piled with tasseled cushions.’
- ‘There's a leopard-print throw on the daybed in his dressing room at the Disney studio.’
- ‘His old recliner was gone, and while it had never quite fit in with the decor, the daybed that replaced it felt as cold as an icicle through my heart.’
- ‘They took the few steps to the small daybed that occupied the little room.’
- ‘Just inside the French doors, a daybed works for sitting by day and slumbering by night.’
- ‘The central prop Branagh utilizes for this confrontation is not a bed, but rather, a daybed or couch.’
- ‘Many window seats and daybeds also offer handy storage for linens, blankets, and pillows.’
- ‘He turns back to look at his brother lying peacefully under the comforter and blankets of his daybed.’
- ‘There was a daybed by the big window that offered a view to the garden.’
- ‘On the other side is the open-air lounge, with a fully stocked bar and comfy Indonesian daybeds with plump throw pillows.’
- ‘Painted in nocturnal blue-black tones, it depicts Valerio's wife stretched out in a blue bathrobe on a daybed before a window.’
- ‘There is, however, a daybed in my office which I had set up when my sister was staying over.’
- ‘A daybed on the right side of the room had been decked out with sheets and pillows and considering Aria's past accommodations, it looked like heaven.’
- ‘I sit back down on the daybed and stare out the window again.’
- ‘Too any outsider looking at them, they might have looked like they were very uncomfortable sitting with each other, opposite ends of the daybed.’
- ‘Bailey's room has a daybed, and Colin's has bunk beds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.