One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounStock Market
A form of share dealing in which individuals buy and sell shares over the Internet over a period of a single day's trading, with the intention of profiting from small price fluctuations.
- ‘Selling a stock takes but a mouse click in this age of online discount brokerages and electronic day trading.’
- ‘Trading on the BSE is 90 per cent day trading and day trading is purely speculative.’
- ‘[D] uring my law school time…, Internet misuse during class was rampant - online gambling, day trading, checking the news, etc.’
- ‘The spread of the Internet and the adoption of electronic trading have been fundamental to the revival of day trading.’
- ‘Forget about day trading, this guy in Utah is the real money machine.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.