One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A patient who attends a hospital for treatment without staying overnight.‘the waiting list for day patients has shot up by fifty per cent’
- ‘We have been trying to get a residential bed for her since last November but she has had to be a day patient instead.’
- ‘He became a day patient at York's Bootham Park Hospital - he found it too claustrophobic to live there.’
- ‘My husband went in as a day patient for a cataract operation and was treated fantastically.’
- ‘She'd have to go in to hospital as a day patient a couple of days a week every other week.’
- ‘St Catherine's has 18 beds and also has up to 20 places for day patients who can come to socialise and take part in the art therapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.