One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A patient who attends a hospital for treatment without staying overnight.‘the waiting list for day patients has shot up by fifty per cent’
- ‘My husband went in as a day patient for a cataract operation and was treated fantastically.’
- ‘We have been trying to get a residential bed for her since last November but she has had to be a day patient instead.’
- ‘She'd have to go in to hospital as a day patient a couple of days a week every other week.’
- ‘St Catherine's has 18 beds and also has up to 20 places for day patients who can come to socialise and take part in the art therapy.’
- ‘He became a day patient at York's Bootham Park Hospital - he found it too claustrophobic to live there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.