Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for Judgement Day
- ‘This Day of Judgment is the day of the resurrection of the dead, when all will be judged as to their position in the World to Come.’
- ‘I acted as I saw fit and God will support me in the Day of Judgment.’
- ‘The truthful and honest businessman will be in the company of the Prophets, the truthful people, and the martyrs on the Day of Judgement.’
- ‘Is she going to be held responsible in any way on the Day of Judgment?’
- ‘He may be among those whose shortcomings will be converted to good deeds on the Day of Judgment.’
- ‘The earthquake that will take place on the Day of Judgment will be much stronger; on that day the whole earth will be shaken.’
- ‘If we hold back, we may be held accountable on the Day of Judgment.’
- ‘On the Day of Judgement, we shall stand, raised from the dead.’
- ‘You will be facing God on the Day of Judgment, and He knows for certain your intentions and your secret thoughts.’
- ‘People who do that will certainly have to account for it on the Day of Judgement.’
- ‘Each of us will have a private hearing on the Day of Judgment.’
- ‘They believe in the Day of Judgment and individual accountability for actions.’
- ‘Abramic faiths (such as Christianity, Islam and Judaism) believe that a Day of Judgement will come, followed by the resurrection of the dead.’
- ‘Abstain from dishonesty, so that you may not be disgraced on the Day of Judgment.’
- ‘We all know the Hadith about the Day of Judgement, when Allah's shade will protect those who spent their youth serving Him!’
- ‘As Muslims, it is our firm belief that on the Day of Judgment, we would be answerable to Allah in matters relating to our neighbours and relatives.’
- ‘… ‘What extinguishes Hell's fire on the Day of Judgment?’’
- ‘Here too I will rest, unto the Day of Judgement.’
- ‘The Prophet tells us that one of the first things we have to account for on the Day of Judgment is the use of our time.’
- ‘I believe in Heaven and Hell and the Day of Judgement.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.