One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place providing care and recreation facilities for those who cannot be fully independent.
- ‘Wiseman said the project also included plans for a day-care centre, laundromat, community hall and other amenities.’
- ‘He said the school also provided support and acted as a day centre for children with special needs from other schools.’
- ‘Two schoolgirls came to the rescue of a confused elderly woman who had wandered off from her day centre in Sheen last week.’
- ‘Now a day centre for the elderly, the tiny pub has been preserved virtually intact.’
- ‘In Mongouge, an adult day-care center was established to keep the elderly occupied, well fed and cared for.’
- ‘It will have a 15-bed inpatient unit, a day centre and an outpatient unit.’
- ‘Patients who have been discharged from hospital can visit the day centre for support, occupational therapy or to talk to their qualified psychiatric nurse.’
- ‘She runs a day centre for the elderly from the building.’
- ‘Many people who come to the day centre do so because of the convenience of having the post office nearby.’
- ‘The long-term aim is to open a permanent day centre for the homeless.’
- ‘During his visit the Prince met patients and volunteers in the hospice day centre, which provides support for patients and their families.’
- ‘Councillors yesterday agreed to press ahead with a plan to privatise five old people's homes and close a day centre in Wakefield.’
- ‘He then attended One Step Ahead, a day centre for people with learning difficulties.’
- ‘As well as providing full-time care for 48 patients the proposed scheme will have a day centre for elderly people.’
- ‘A mental health day centre, a day centre for older people and an ambulance base will all be part of the new hospital.’
- ‘The last time he attended the day centre was on January 25, 2000.’
- ‘The day centre provides educational and recreational activities for people with learning disabilities.’
- ‘As the years pass, parents do not have the time to take care of their children and they are sent to a day-care centre or a pre-school at a very young age.’
- ‘With the long term support of Scope, Kelly managed to complete school and now attends a day centre for adults in Coventry.’
- ‘Homeless people in Swindon desperately need a day centre where they can get help and advice, says a leading councillor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.