Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small printed circuit board that attaches to a larger one.
- ‘Each fully populated USRP motherboard supports four daughterboards, two for receive and two for transmit.’
- ‘Space for the other four chips comes from a separate four-way daughterboard, the M4881, which provides four banks of DIMM slots (four slots per CPU) and HyperTransport links to the S4881.’
- ‘On the daughterboard you get six 3.5mm audio jacks with jack sensing and optical S / PDIF in and out with a provided cable.’
- ‘The System 1000 is a rack frame with 10 or 12 input modules, and accessory daughterboards add other functions to the modules, such as remote gain or mono/stereo mode control.’
- ‘The HES hardware includes a daughterboard that can house asics, memories and processors.’
- ‘So to offer Wi-Fi with a Grantsdale machine lacking the Intel daughterboard, system builders will need to add a complete third-party Wi-Fi adaptor card.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.