One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small printed circuit board that attaches to a larger one.
- ‘Each fully populated USRP motherboard supports four daughterboards, two for receive and two for transmit.’
- ‘The System 1000 is a rack frame with 10 or 12 input modules, and accessory daughterboards add other functions to the modules, such as remote gain or mono/stereo mode control.’
- ‘So to offer Wi-Fi with a Grantsdale machine lacking the Intel daughterboard, system builders will need to add a complete third-party Wi-Fi adaptor card.’
- ‘The HES hardware includes a daughterboard that can house asics, memories and processors.’
- ‘On the daughterboard you get six 3.5mm audio jacks with jack sensing and optical S / PDIF in and out with a provided cable.’
- ‘Space for the other four chips comes from a separate four-way daughterboard, the M4881, which provides four banks of DIMM slots (four slots per CPU) and HyperTransport links to the S4881.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.