One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An engagement diary.
- ‘Jem waits for a while, raising his eyebrow as he tries to determine if his photographer-intern is really checking a datebook, or if she's just pretending to sound more busy than she is.’
- ‘And every time I work out, I note it in my datebook and mark it with a pink highlighter.’
- ‘Each year, Sosin takes a new calendar and marks up his datebook.’
- ‘He flips open Olivia's datebook, glancing impatiently at the various entries until his eye falls upon today's date.’
- ‘Before you swallow that multivitamin, schedule that doctor's appointment or even apply that moisturizer, check your watch and your datebook.’
- ‘Under creative director Samantha Cameron, it has been introducing limited-edition versions of its trademark datebooks in zany colors such as hot pink and purple, priced at $172.’
- ‘Michael searched through Sara's datebook until he found Jack's parents number.’
- ‘Are you going to put that down in your datebook?’
- ‘Chris looks through the departed's datebook for clues.’
- ‘It's well worth the effort to keep your datebook organized and current.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.