One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for persimmon
- ‘Like the persimon, the date plum looses its astringency when fully ripe.’
- ‘The date plum was first introduced to Europe in 1596, and was a popular plant in southern Europe by the end of the 18th century.’
- ‘The fruit variety known as the date plum is one of several fruits reputed to have been the ‘lotus’ of the so-called lotus-eaters of Homer's Odyssey.’
- ‘A seedless variety has been reported from China, but most date plums contain numerous brown, flattened seeds.’
- ‘Persimmons, he tells her, are American date plums, sweet when softened by frost.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.